A couple of weeks ago I was given the Versatile Blogger Award by Rebekka Wellmanns, of In Other Words. What can I say? It’s always nice to get a nice response from people, especially when they work in the same field and can provide an informed feedback. This blog has been through some ups and downs as I tried to maintain it despite a very busy year at work and the birth of my wonderful Eila in March, which sort of rearranged priorities, as I’m sure you’ll understand. So it was deeply satisfying that Rebekka though of me.
Anyway, for the lucky ones who are about to get nominated by me, here are the award rules:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Let’s move on to the 7 things about me. I know, not that interesting, but, hey, that’s the rule.
1. I grew up in Savona, Italy, and lived in Bochum (Germany), Lyon (France) and I now live in sunny Brisbane, in the Land Down Under.
2. At age 15 I decided I was going to be a rock star. At age 17 I decided I was going to be a novelist. After some ill-advised experimenting, I realised there were a lot of already written novels that I could re-write, and I decided to be a translator, in order to avoid accusation of plagiarism. I still play and make music, when I get the chance, and occasionally produce secret and disappointing writing experiments.
3. I love cooking and I’m pretty darn good at it.
4. One of the things that make me think I’m cut out to be a translator is that I constantly feel like I exist somewhere in between languages and cultures, but also in between social groups, political ideology, music genres, etc.
5. The ooh-is-that-a-kindle-no-way-I-love-how-paper-feels-and-the-smell-of-a-new-book crowd is really starting to get on my nerves (not to mention that despite the chopping of trees, the printing process, and the emissions needed to ship “real” books, they probably think I am the degenerate yuppy).
6. I have a wonderful daughter called Eila who gives me more joy than all other things combined.
7. I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way.
Now, I need to list 15 of my favourite, recently discovered blogs. And the winners are:
All right, then. Time to tell these people I like them. Stay tuned.